a short tutorial on how to create your own node using the vertcoin one click miner program. special thanks to jason helms for the info and support.
MrSotko's Vertcoin Node - feel free to come mine! stratum+tcp://184.108.40.206:9181
Sign up with coinbase. buy or sell 100 dollars in crypto currency and get 10 dollars of bitcoin for free with this link to coinbase.
Want to donate to the channel? Donate bitcoin and send me an email saying how much you sent and I'll try to thank you at the end of the next video!
Bitcoin Address: 144vfND4SGhYxyjAWKHBETGncuwdYKmoyG
step by step.
1. download vertcoin one click miner and install it
2. download vertcoin core wallet, extract it to a folder, run it, and let it sync. (takes a long time)
3. port forward all ports as shown in the video using your router.
4. set up a static ip as shown in the video. if you have a wifi adapter next to your ethernet adapter make sure you right click on it and click disable. if you only have wifi then make sure you disable the ethernet adapter. its best to use ethernet (a cable) wifi is much slower.
5. set up the settings of the programs as shown in the video. make sure your settings are the same. (do not use the same wallet address as what was shown in the video!! otherwise you will be mining for me...dont do that, its a nice gesture though)
6. with your core wallet fully synced and vertcoin one click miner open at the same time click on "run local node" on the one click miner program. it will ask you to create a config file. click ok. the node will try to start now, but it will likely not work yet. close the node command that opened. will we open it again in a moment.
7. go to the vertcoin folder as shown in the video. in users - your name - app data - roaming - vertcoin. find the config file as shown in the video and copy it to the folder that you extracted your vertcoin wallet into.
8. now with your core wallet open and vertcoinminer open. you should be able to click run node and it will work. you will see a command prompt open up and lots of text and information scrolling through it.
9. when you click run node it will ask for your wallet address which is the wallet you will mine to. put that information in. the password field can be anything. i just make my password as X. it doesnt matter.
10. with your node running you will see it as a minable node now on the front of your program. you can check to see if its working by clicking on the node you just made. it will bring up a webpage, there will be no miners yet unless you already began mining by hitting the start button. you know the node is working if the webpage that is brought up when you click on it works. if its not, the webpage will be blank and give an error.
11. your node will take a while to show up on the public scanner. possibly a day or less. eventually people will show up on your node pickaxes in hand to mine!
12. last step, sit back, enjoy success...you did it. you're the best there ever was. how awesome is it to be you? the world may never know. for the rest of us..eat this crunchy groove! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWxCIi5PIw
Make the config file
rpcport=5888 the safest way to store bitcoin and claim bitcoin forks https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/554d
Trade almost all alt coins here at cryptopia https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Register?referrer=mrsotko